Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Sound of Praise (In Memory of My Mom-Mary Ann Hill Jones)

At the beginning of the year 2011, I made no new year's resolutions, I only made a vow to God that I would praise Him in spite of what I was going to experienced, and no matter what I faced on this year. The scriptures I used in reference to my vow on this year were Psalms 34:1-3. On February 26, 2011, I received the phone call of my mom's passing.  God peacefully brought my vow back to my remembrance and I wrote this poem below in memory of my mom to place in her obituary and to say at her homegoing celebration.

No Words can express the sudden emptiness,
                                                     yet the fullness of peace and love in my heart. 
   No one has the words that completely
comforts me in this time of need.
Yet the Word of God lives and keeps my spirit well.
Nothing can replace my love for my mom,
Yet her love lives in me forevermore.

God is so excellent in His ways to give me a treasured vessel
such as my mom to be my mom.

There is a sound a praise that says,
"I will bless the Lord at ALL times and His praise
shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the Lord:
the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together."

It's a sound of praise that is on my lips
that blasts off into the heavenlies like a trumpet
that the angels can't sing that says,
'IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!'

Rest in peace mom, I love you, I miss you and I know that we will meet again.  May the God of peace with you and me forevermore.  I will do my best and be my best according to God's Will ordained upon my life that you may be able look down and be proud of my brother and I.  Again, I love you forevermore.  Rest in God's loving arms, mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment